Sunday, November 3, 2019

What You Cannot See


 Photography by Oladios
"I can't see the end of me."

There's a place in me
that you cannot see

I guard it protectively
would you view it objectively

heart shaped it holds all that I feel
sometimes it's hard to conceal

eyes are the portals to the soul
lost are pieces that make me whole

 ancient proverb claims a cat has nine lives
I struggle with one trying to survive

all life has a beginning, middle and end
lost are the riddles, too deep to comprehend
 
  will you remember the love I penned
     will you remember the love I penned 
      will you remember the love I penned

written for The Sunday Muse

Nirvana - Oh, Me
  

10 comments:

  1. This is wonderful, a fairy tale riddle wrapped in a poem! This makes me both wistful and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this! The unseen heart- a precious thing-worthy of protection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes the heart is so vital but a mystery unseen. This is an amazing poem Truedessa! Beautifully written...I love every line!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! I will. I LOVE this poem!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the rhymes in this poem. It all builds up to the thrice asked question at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That special spark within us - very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am certain you WILL be remembered for the love you pen. And for your kindness and generosity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, you are leaving a legacy of poetry...You will be remembered. Loved the writing approach...nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A spark to remember indeed even if some remains to one's self.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This has a sad undertone, but a true soul is never forgotten.

    ReplyDelete