Sunday, April 5, 2020

Lifting Me Up


courtesy of Pixabay

These days have me feeling down
life is transforming before my eyes
no more walking around the town
caught up in the dreams of blue sky

spring came in bursts of disarray
in the darkness, a light appeared
palm to palm,  I began to pray
the clouds in my head, disappeared

from the lips of an angel,  I heard a song
lifting me up, encouraging me to be strong
to the beat of your heart, sing a long

tis, the spring of 2020 the year of visions
who would've known the things we'd see
the unfolding of nightmarish premonitions
the realization life has no guarantees

an awakening of a new consciousness
nature's beauty offers us a place of peace
earthy angels growing wings of helpfulness
hold hope in your heart, never let it cease

from the lips of an angel,  I heard a song
lifting me up, encouraging me to be strong
to the beat of your heart, sing a long 


authors note:  I had a dream and this was born
  I want to thank all the newly winged angels out there for
their dedication and service in our time of need.

Bright Blessings to all!

sharing with earthweal

9 comments:

  1. Never could we have dreamed what is happening now. Nature's beauty does offer us place of peace, as it has always done. And I so admire the newly winged angels bringing their best selves to helping us through this frightening time. A beautiful poem, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry, Angels come in many forms and we are blessed to have these front line people who give so much!

      Delete
  2. And there are a lot of angels out there doing what needs to be done. Continue to be strong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stay safe and healthy Alex...we need strength now more than ever.

      Delete
  3. I'm not much of a believer in angels, but I could see them floating here. I also give thanks for the brave humans who rise above fear somehow and manage to help us all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The brave humans are the angels to me helping in this time of deep distress.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful sentiments … a message of hope...JIM

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful! Indelible stirring lines the lift the soul in these dark days. This is the best piece, I have read, about this extraordinarily nightmarish period in human events. Your writing here, is masterful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There sure are a lot of people out there in this nightmare doing what has to be done. Shining through they are.

    ReplyDelete