Sunday, April 10, 2022

Shadow Prey

The Sunday Muse

 

Darkness sweeps across the sky

shadows of you and I  creep past

in this lonely room of heartbreak

sharp talons wait, a  bird of prey

 

in the corner shapes take form

hints of imagination begin to stir

in this altered reality,  breathing

shallow caws, a blackbird's song

 

wandering the internal labyrinth

in the distance a black moon rises

drifting into a  conscious slumber

surrealism appears beyond the veil

 

there under a massive bonsai tree

an oracle of insight with long graying hair

wisdom interwoven in his braided beard

ushering me to sit across from him

 

pouring a warm cup of ancient tea

bowing my head , sipping its flavor

his eyes green emeralds of the sea

touching my heart of indigo blue

 

a soft flutter of mending wings

cupped within my  hands of hope

light filters through the dark void

opening my palms, taking flight

freeing the captive within 

 

Author's note:  I have had a rough week and part of this poem
is from a dream encounter.  Wishing you peace & health
Thank you for your visit.

 

Linking with The Sunday Muse

16 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you have had a hard week, my friend. This is a BEAUTIFUL poem - the blackbird's song, the eyes of green, the heart of indigo blue, and the comforting tea from an oracle. Your dreams are amazing, more like visitations than dreams. Hope this one gave you comfort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend. Perhaps, it was a visitation of sorts.

      Delete
  2. A perfect written companion to the image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your coming week is better. Good that your poets soul was able to lean to i inpiration from last week's dream

    Have a good Sunday

    Much💜love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gillena, a bit of inspiration to get my inner poet moving.
      I hope you have a good week.

      Delete
  4. May your soul take flight today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and poignant with a magnificent closing line. Sending hugs your way and wishing you better times ahead Truedessa. 💙

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dear Carrie, for your constant support.

      Delete
  6. You have composed a lovely poem, in spite of a difficult week. Be well, dear True.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen. Hopefully, this week will be better.

      Delete
  7. A beautiful poem. I hope the coming week takes you to a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many lines to love in this poem. I needed it today. "a soft flutter of mending wings" Oh, I need to feel them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry a bad week was bothering you.
    But the poem is wonderful!
    The surrealism .. behind the veil... could be felt.

    ReplyDelete