Tuesday, April 9, 2024

My Heart Shaped Box

courtesy of Pixabay

My box is heart shaped
filled with words, love,
journey, dream and explore
it’s bursting with pieces of
life's stories, music and art
sometimes it is red or blue
depending on the mood
or if I am thinking of you

If you look inside my box
you will find love letters and poetry
never written or shared
if you look deeper, you might
find the secret treasures of
a dreamer…visions of the past,
present and possibly a glimpse
of the future

In my box, you will find love, loss
and everything in between
but, most of all you will find
the heartbeat of me

linking with dVerse - a box of poems

Hosted by Kim
Your challenge today is to write a poem about your own metaphorical box. It doesn’t necessarily have to be about a relationship, but I would like it to be autobiographical, free verse, and in three stanzas  

Thanks for reading

Writer's Digest April PAD Challenge day 9

challenge write about love

Thank you for reading

22 comments:

  1. Beautiful, a box of everything in your heart. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last sentence clinches it. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your heart shaped box is very different to the one Nirvana sang about and the one Joe Hill wrote about. It’s a comforting box ‘bursting with pieces of
    life's stories, music and art’ and filled with ‘secret treasures of a dreamer’. A beautiful box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim for the intriguing prompt.

      Delete
  4. Your box reads like your heart. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the "heartbeat of me" hidden in your box.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the heartbeat of me... and so very different from Nirvana's song...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is different from Nirvana, but I did go watch an old video of the song.

      Delete
  7. I love the "heartbeat of me." ๐Ÿ’Ÿ

    ReplyDelete
  8. I looked deeply into your box Tru, and saw everything you described. Lovely write!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen for seeing the pieces of me.

      Delete
  9. This one has my heart! Truly beautiful, Truedessa. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So kind of you to say! Have a nice week.

      Delete
  10. This is lovely. I particularly like the ending:
    In my box, you will find love, loss
    and everything in between
    but, most of all you will find
    the heartbeat of me

    ReplyDelete
  11. A love-shaped box. John Lennon would be pleased <3

    ReplyDelete