Tuesday, July 14, 2026

Puff

courtesy of Pixabay

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Puff the magic dragon
was a part of me

soaring to places
my imagination flew free

as I aged, I kept him hidden
in a place only I could see

in the cave of my dreams
my inner-child takes flight
past the willow trees  

written for dVerse Q251 Light Burst of Air 

Hosted by Lisa writing a 44 word quadrille
incorporating the word "Puff

inspired by the song Puff the Magic Dragon 

12 comments:

  1. I am glad you have that magic to always soar over the willow trees - jae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Puff was a beloved friend for me as a child also, Truedessa. I'm glad your child continues to visit him in his place by the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all knew that song so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. in the cave of my dreams
    my inner-child takes flight
    past the willow trees

    It is nice to remember the song and it gives strength knowing it is there within us. Great lines True!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must surely have noticed my dragon friend and me flying nearby?

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousJuly 15, 2026

    I like where your inner child and Puff take you, Truedessa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! One of my favorite Peter, Paul, & Mary songs! Those were the days!! :>)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to have somewhere your inner child can run free. Nice poem.☺

    ReplyDelete
  9. That song was going through my head since I read the prompt. Great write, Tru!

    ReplyDelete