Tuesday, February 8, 2022

No-Where Train

Rails, Train, Nature, Landscape, Quiet
courtesy of pixabay

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tired of riding this no-where train
can't you see, I need to keep moving
there's a song playing after the rain

clickety-clack out the window pane
sometimes, life can be confusing
tired of riding this no-where train

let's sip some pink champagne
change the track, to our choosing
there's a song playing after the rain

singing about life's sweetest refrain
the rhythm and rhyme are soothing
tired of riding this nowhere train

love, is something I can't explain
days are lighter, the tunes improving
there's a song playing after the rain

who knows how much time remains
spring wonders will be blooming
tired of riding this nowhere train
there's a song playing after the rain

linking with dVerse
hosted by Ingrid

a villanelle

author's note:  The hook for this came to
me on my afternoon walk, I could hear
the train on the nearby tracks.

17 comments:

  1. "there's a song playing after the rain."

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rhythm of this poem is like the clickety clack of the train. I rode trains when I was a child. It used to be affordable. Now too expensive. Hw I would love to go on a long train ride through the Rockies or along the west coast. While I read your poem, I did, for a moment. Smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh i could sing the poem before or after the rain. Doesn't matter.
    Thanks for dropping by to read mine

    Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, very nicely done, lovely mood and feeling..

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'Nowhere train' and 'a song playing after the rain' ...the words will remain with me for long

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully and tenderly plaintive True. Who does know what time remains! Wonderful my friend…

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the concept of a 'nowhere train' ~ that's so creative!

    Sincerely,
    David [ben Alexander]

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the musicality of this, and the sense of hope hidden behind the clouds. Spring is on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That nowhere train will soon have a better view.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Riding the "nowhere train" so aptly describes the journey of homeless living under highway overpasses. You left us with hope, however! Thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This nowhere train works truly as a metaphor for life itself under the burden of depression. Great form to express it in.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great wrap-up on this one. Love riding the train.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, especially the last stanza!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning poetry, True! A song plays after the rain ~ always.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely - life Can be confusing, knowing spring is around the corner gives us hope.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We're all listening for that song.

    ReplyDelete
  17. "A song plays after the rain" - How beautiful, Tru!
    I felt like I was riding on that train.

    ReplyDelete