Thursday, March 21, 2024

Golden Light of Dawn

Free Clouds Sky photo and picture
Courtesy of Pixabay

 

Today, I thought of you and days gone past
our zany adventures into the unknown
dreamy visions , poetry enthusiasts
collecting our pouches of healing stones
never knowing how long the quest would last
on feather light wings our spirits have flown
following the rhythmic beat of bird song
rays of hope, in the golden light of dawn

 

written for dVerse
hosted by Grace

Today’s writing challenge: an Ottavo Rima poem written in 8-line octaves. Each line is of a 10 or 11 syllable count in the following rhyme:

one octave poem. abababcc

Thanks for reading - not sure how I did...my mind is still foggy

I thought of a friend today.....


18 comments:

  1. Beautifully written, soft, wishful verse, uplifting to end. Great writing to the form.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shirley, I appreciate you stopping over to read.

      Delete
  2. This form seems to lend itself well to nostalgia and wistfulness, which is evoked so beautifully in your poem, Truedessa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim, I think you are right ! It seems several are in remembrance mode.

      Delete
  3. I love the way you use the form for looking back, I hope that there are new adventures ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bjorn, I do look forward to new adventures.

      Delete
  4. This reads beautifully specially: dreamy visions , poetry enthusiasts
    collecting our pouches of healing stones. Like Bjorn, looking forward to the golden light of dawn. Thanks for joining in!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace for the challenge. I am always searching for the light.

      Delete
  5. Reminds me of the adventures you and Pat went on. That was a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex, that was a long time ago but, it was a grand adventure that I will always treasure.

      Delete
  6. Luv the nostalgic mood of your poem

    Much♡love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gillena! Wishing you a great weekend

      Delete
  7. This is very beautiful - as golden as the memory.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed reading your poem, especially because it is a true story / poem.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful, wistful write! May there always be adventures.

    ReplyDelete