Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Stormy Days

Courtesy of Pixabay

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Some days the sun loses it's glow
when your riding the whiskey sky
listening to the songs of the crows
the summer flowers wilt and die

when your riding the whiskey sky
dark clouds hover threatening rain
the summer flowers wilt and die
here I am thinking of you again

someone told me long ago
it's hard to let love go
it'll leave you feelin' blue

dark clouds hover threatening rain
sunlight pushes through the gaps
here I am, thinking of you again
no need to check a weather map

sunlight pushes through the gaps
this storm will pass it always does
no need to check a weather map
memories of you cause a flood

someone told me long ago
it's hard to let love go
it'll leave you feelin' blue 

this storm will pass it always does
listening to the songs of the crows
memories of you cause a flood
some days the sun loses it glow
 
written for dVerse Poetics - hosted by Lisa 
the prompt is to write a weather related poem
of any length or form.
 
author's note: I was inspired by the Song "Have You Ever Seen the Rain?
by by Creedence Clearwater Revival
 
I went to a free concert in the park tonight and they played this song and I sang along 

2 comments:

  1. Truedessa, this feels like a triolet form or very close to it. I love what you did with CCR's song to riff off of. So awesome that you heard the song live at the concert tonight. I love it when things fall together like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing can be more true than your closing line...

    ReplyDelete