Tuesday, November 15, 2022

November


Where has precious time gone
slipping away with each dawn
days filled with life's mixed songs
nights whispering of past wrongs 

 searching for warm blue skies
sometimes, heaven cries
dreaming in autumn's cold rain
will I ever see you again

 reflective puddles at my feet
how can love be so bittersweet
no, love can't be washed away
even if the clouds remain gray

 sing to me, sweet November rhyme
kiss my lips while, we still have time
tell me that our poetry will survive
as the winds of winter slowly arrive

I know not what tomorrow brings
but, for today, hope still clings

linking with dVerse
hosted by Sarah - writing
No! Vember poetry

18 comments:

  1. "sing to me, sweet November rhyme
    kiss my lips while, we still have time"

    Nice one Truedessa

    Much💛love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely rhymes here. I particularly like this couplet:
    reflective puddles at my feet
    how can love be so bittersweet
    The double meaning of reflective works really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah for the comment and for hosting.

      Delete
  3. I agree with Sarah, lovely rhymes, Truedessa, and I especially enjoyed these couplets:
    ‘reflective puddles at my feet
    how can love be so bittersweet’
    and
    ‘sing to me, sweet November rhyme
    kiss my lips while, we still have time’.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, thank you for letting me know which parts of the poem had an impact.

      Delete
  4. This is beautiful and so poignant. The chill of November as one clings to hope really speaks to the heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherry, the first snow arrived yesterday so the chill is here.

      Delete
  5. Dreamy sensuality mixed with wintry threatening gray: but hope springs free, and that makes all the difference. Simply wonderful, Truedessa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dora! Clinging to hope, here.

      Delete
  6. I love the way describe the longing, November is a lot about parting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even November rain can't wash away true love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. An honest accounting of the season, Truedessa.

    ReplyDelete