Monday, February 13, 2023

I think Broken Dreams and Spring

Today, I feel a gentle touch of renewed hope circulating in the air  The noon-day sun is shining and the birds are flying in a cloudless sky.  I hear a cardinal's song in the distance.  It has been too long since I have heard bird songs.  My heart flutters feather light.

Two bald eagles swoop in from the north circling overhead.  They seem to float on wings of grace.  I wonder, are they mates?  Gazing heavenward, they shift direction and soar over the tall pines.  

I think spring, this year's a different thing. I'll not think of you, broken dreams.  Instead, I will plant seeds of possibilities in the days and weeks ahead.  Rejoicing when the tulips and daffodils are in bloom.  Spring will sing a lifting song, thawing winter’s melancholic mood.

linking with dVerse

 hosted by Merril
write a piece of Prosery using the
following line in the Prose.

“This year’s a different thing, –
I’ll not think of you.”

from from Charlotte Mew, "I So Like Spring"

Peace, light and love to all!!


21 comments:

  1. I am all for a new season, I'm not sure I want a new one, perhaps a longer spring as generally they are finishing up here in April.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am ready for spring. Today, it was warm and it felt like spring. Next week it could snow. Perhaps, it is time to stop thinking about dreams that have died and plant new ones. Sigh..

      Delete
  2. Beautiful prose, welcoming the season of colors and new hope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, spring is full of color and fresh blooms.

      Delete
  3. Birds and their songs always lift my mood, and they are a sure sign that winter is giving way to spring. Renewed hope and new possibilities indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Kim, I always enjoy listening to birdsongs.

      Delete
  4. This story is filled with hope and life and i luv it.
    Much❤love

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of seeds of possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and full of hope. I think spring brings that sense of possibility.
    We have crocuses and the birds are beginning to sing--and mate. Lovely! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are no flowers growing here yet. Hopefully, spring will bring renewed energy. Thank you for your comment.

      Delete
  7. There are so many things to think about positively in your prose, perhaps starting again won't be so difficult.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes, it is difficult to let go! The heart beats to its own drum.

      Delete
  8. May those seeds of possibilities grow a wonderful harvest.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful and hopeful poem, Truedessa! It would be wonderful to see a pair of bald eagles circling overhead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dwight, it was a marvelous sight to behold.

      Delete
  10. What a purrfect poem of Spring's rebirth.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "My heart flutters feather light." Wonderful line, love how the birds lift your heart in flight. Wonderful last line also, Truedessa. Very cool about the eagles also.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Spring will sing a lifting song,
    thawing winter’s melancholic mood.

    Beautiful close, True! You certainly have a way with words

    Hank

    ReplyDelete