Thursday, September 28, 2023

Bridging Oracles

Free Fall Avenue photo and picture
Courtesy of Pixabay


Ha, how I rode, rode as a sea wind-chased,
mad with sudden freedom, mad with haste

hooves thundering, mane blowing in the autumn mist

Recalling the songs of my heart, how far must I travel
to escape these clouds of darkness in the land of lost
dreams, I sense an urgency to look past the brokenness
acknowledging the ghosts that I leave behind

Riding faster and faster my head throbbing with pain
can I out run the storm of pounding rain....

This poem a glimpse of a dream from long ago
bridging its way into September's moon-glow

I step into the enchanted circle of oak trees
the center is a soft field of leaves

to the tune of crunch, crunch, crunch
under my feet, I slow my pace...breathe..
in the scents of fall...in the clearing
three dear welcome me into their space
lying in the leaves becoming a leaf person
the journey before me opens on the path
of trees...releasing the crumbling pieces of
my heart...allowing new dreams to be born

written for desperate poets and linking with dVerse

Brendan is challenging us to use two oracle forms
the italic lines are the oracle lines chosen

1st Oracle:

A poem from Flint and Feather by E Pauline Johnson
I went with the first two lines my fingers touched from the book

2nd Oracle:

An oracle card I selected at a dream group many years ago - randomly selected from a pile I have

35 comments:

  1. Very nicely done. Dreams can really take us for a wild ride!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dwight, yes dreams can take us on some wild rides.

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed this ride to becoming a leaf person...yes yes yes!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To become a leaf person is definitely transforming.

      Delete
  3. Riding faster and faster my head throbbing with pain
    can I outrun the storm of pounding rain....

    This brings back to memory many a time as a boy we had to run for cover upon a sudden shower. Thanks, True for sharing the experience

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hank, my dear friend. Poetry does evoke memories good and bad. Hopefully, you found shelter.

      Delete
  4. I love the way this poem opens, riding wild like the wind.....then the serene deer towards the end, in September leaves. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you ever read Flint and Feathers? A friend gifting me an old edition. You would enjoy Pauline’s poetry, it would speak to your heart.

      Delete
  5. Hi Truedessa - lovely to read ... so true for so many of us. Autumn's time of falling leaves - oak trees support so many organisms and life for our future ... just sad when disaster strikes. Thanks - thoughtful poem - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hilary, you are right about the oak trees, we need to save our trees.

      Delete
  6. Great response to the challenge, Truedessa, merging verse and card into a transforming wood where lost dreams become new ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brendan! I enjoyed this oracle prompt. Very 😎

      Delete
  7. What a beautiful scene. I am glad you found that at the end of a wild ride.
    "releasing the crumbling pieces of
    my heart" ... love these lines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The two oracles were quite different , the 1st one a sign of escaping and the 2nd a sign of renewal and peace.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. The opening lines of the oracle set the urgency, the need to get to a place of heart.

      Delete
  9. Shelter under a circle of oaks. Nothing quite like that. Quite a dream!

    ReplyDelete
  10. "how far must I travel to escape these clouds of darkness in the land of lost dreams"....love the imagery of this and the ending with the feeling of rebirth...in nature and in dreams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mish the oracles took me in a journey from darkness to light.

      Delete
    2. Its raining yet again here, these clouds are relentless.

      Delete
  11. Lovely movement in this - and a very peaceful resolution. Love the deer and oak too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The oracles movement from the storms to the promise of clearing. The deer a symbol of healing.

      Delete
  12. A dream-like quality and urgency to this. Well done! JIM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, strange how it came together I tried to bridge the two oracles together. ThanksJim, appreciate the feedback.

      Delete
  13. Such a wild transformation. I love the sense of urgency--and freedom, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Merril it was definitely an interesting prompt as the oracle were selected at random.

      Delete
  14. Sadly, we all live in the land of lost dreams....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dezzie, sadly that has a ring of truth

      Delete
  15. What a wonderful wild ride with an unusual ending. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim thank you, with oracles you never what the ride will bring.

      Delete
  16. What a wonderful, visual ride.
    Sandra sandracox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra - definitely a wild journey

      Delete
  17. “how far must I travel
    to escape these clouds of darkness in the land of lost
    dreams”

    I love how you captured the ability of nature to transform the clouds or darkness into new dreams ready to awaken.❤️

    ReplyDelete