Monday, September 4, 2023

What's Going On

courtesy of Pixaby

 

 

 

  


What’s going on you ask
every day it’s something new
some find salvation in a flask
the wildest tales ring true

What’s going on you ask
some days I wish I knew
everyone is wearing a mask
gate of truth hard to get through

Don’t let it go, let’s keep it alive
Let’s rock n’ roll, with each sunrise
Don’t let it go, let’s keep it alive
Let’s rock n’ roll, so we can survive

What’s going on you ask
yesterday, the moon wasn’t blue
finding answers not an easy task
weary soles, seeking the perfect shoe

What’s going on you ask
today, it’s the wanderings of my mind
seeking the light, a moment to bask
there’s still so much beauty to find

Don’t let it go, let’s keep it alive
Let’s rock n’ roll, with each sunrise
Don’t let it go, let’s keep it alive
Let’s rock n’ roll, so we can survive

 written for  newwhatsgoingon
This is a new community for poetry
please click the link and join the fun...

To the staff - best of luck on you new adventure

12 comments:

  1. Truedessa, you were really inspired! Absolutely love it. I found your second stanza especially stunning and found myself nodding my head - yes, yes! Enjoyed the repetitive verses - kind of drove the point of your poem home. Let's all keep rocking and rolling and keeping our dreams alive. And thanks for wishing 'the staff' good luck! We hope to make this site something special, and I am so glad you are here to share with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful poem and the refrain will stay with me.
    'Don’t let it go, let’s keep it alive
    Let’s rock n’ roll, with each sunrise'...How lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love this, my friend - the rhythm, the rhyme, the hope, and the reminder to see all the beauty we are surrounded by. You are singing my song! Smiles. (This would make an excellent song!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are lyrics waiting to be matched with a wonderful soundtrack!! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah! A song even more inspiring than the one from 4 non-Blondes! It's hard to quote when I moved to every line. Let me just say then, yes rhyme and hope and beauty despite the ruin, and yes, especially to rocking as in rock and rolling. We need that more than ever. Get this song out there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What’s going on you ask
    today, it’s the wanderings of my mind
    seeking the light, a moment to bask
    there’s still so much beauty to find

    Love this stanza True! It gets into one with lots of expectations of beauty combined with positive thoughts!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful - if only leaders of the world know how to seek beauty to inspire them in their daily lives. To take a moment to reflect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rock and roll with each sunrise. What a purrfect concept.
    Sandra sandracox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was disappointed the moon wasn't blue too. I enjoyed your poem and the rock and roll chorus - Suzanne -Wayfaring wordpress blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Truedessa,
    A very upbeat review of what's going on in the world and in life...music is the one way to find some escape and comfort..useful in all its many genres!
    Leaving this comment which I hope works properly..Eileen T O'Neill

    ReplyDelete
  11. really had me wrapped up in the masks, the one on my face is rather different than the one i put up inside. -Eric

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sure a thought many are asking, or they've moved to just ignoring now. No blue moon in sight here either. Gotta get up and go with each sunrise indeed.

    ReplyDelete