Sunday, March 6, 2022

Shoe-less - A New Start

The Sunday Muse - photo prompt

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

my shoes are worn from the journey

I often wonder has it been worthy

my soles burn from a heavy heart

barefoot, I dream of a new start

 

shoe-less, my toes dig in mossy fields

in green meadows, wildflowers yield

traveling roads, filled with dark parts

barefoot, I dream of a new start

 

my soles,  cool touching the earth

exfoliating debris, feeling rebirth

spring's renewal, a work of art

barefoot,  I dream of a new start

 

"Spring is when you feel like whistling, even with a shoe full of slush"

Doug Larson

linking with the The Sunday Muse


20 comments:

  1. Love your celebration of Spring!! Barefoot is best ….

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Helen, barefoot so I can feel the earth.

      Delete
  2. May your travel bring you to a peaceful place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bev! Wishing you a peaceful journey as well.

      Delete
  3. Oh yes, your journey has been and is very worthy. I love the idea of going barefoot - a new start. I should try that at the beach this year. It is crazy to wear shoes on the beach and yet I do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend, yes, you should try and go barefoot and connect sole to soul with the beach.

      Delete
  4. That is very hopeful!
    In that quote, I first read slugs instead of slush...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all need hope Alex…. Funny about the slugs.

      Delete
  5. Oh, this is lovely. A fresh start feels well-earned and hopeful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, wishing you renewed energy.

      Delete
  6. "barefoot, I dream of a new start" - Feet and self naked to the world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the way to reflect and think afresh on starting the journey. Very true, True! One need not dodge and ward off old irritations but are more objective starting out. Thanks Ma'am, Hank is well

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Hank, I am glad you are doing well.

      Delete
  8. A new start and renewal. I love this Truedessa!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so luv your repeating line.

    "barefoot, I dream of a new start"

    Thanks for dropping by my blig Truedessa

    Much love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gillena - wishing you a wondrous week...

      Delete
  10. I love that refrain! It sounds so hopeful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wonderful!
    I can almost feel the cool underneath my feet.

    ReplyDelete