Saturday, December 17, 2022

Passageway To Light

 

artwork of Michael Whelan

Standing on the edge of  a dream
crumbling beneath me pieces of yesterday
there is a star on the horizon leading to
a higher consciousness in the morning sun

but, tonight drifting between the worlds
the archway to another sphere of being
here in the darkness, struggling to find light
traveling cliffs high above the mossy earth
what can be seen at this height, shall I call upon
the bird of perception, what would his orbs
reveal in the mist of transition

 dreams take me on mysterious journeys
to places I have never seen, meeting oracles
in quiet hours, when others are sleeping
sometimes, communing with the departed
but,  never drinking from their cup

it is in this state of mind, that events become
crystal clear,  I realize that we all walk cliff
edges in life each time we face a new challenge
or set out on a new path of unknowns

don't let the songs of darkness sway
you from the radiant songs of light....

 Linking with The Sunday Muse

 

peace, light and love always

21 comments:

  1. I love the whole idea of a higher consciousness, and remembering to focus on "the radiant songs of light" in the midst of the darkness. Beautiful, True.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The songs of light bring us through the darkness. Some days it is hard to stay focused.

      Delete
  2. don't let the songs of darkness sway
    you from the radiant songs of light....

    Good advice True! One should not be led off from little inconveniences that might get us off track for no good reasons.

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hank, How are you my friend? Happy Holidays! May your path always be smooth.

      Delete
  3. This is simply beautiful True, and I love the couplet with which you closed this piece — excellent my friend… 🙂✌🏼🕊❣️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rob, the image spoke to me immediately.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful response to the photo prompt. Luv the fact that a guiding light is there for us

    Much💌love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gillena, much love back at you….

      Delete
  5. This reads like a meditation and I find myself taking my time to breathe through each verse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inhaling and exhaling in the meditative state of now! Thank you for reading.

      Delete
  6. Yes - hang on to the song of light <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hank is fine Ma'am. Wishing you happy holidays, Merry Christmas a Happy New Year and the best in the ensuing year!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  8. We all walk cliff edges in life indeed! Your poetry always speaks to the soul my beautiful friend! I hope that you have peace and joy during this time of year Truedessa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carrie for all you do! Brightest blessings of health, peace and joy in your life…

      Delete
    2. You are very welcome my friend, it is my pleasure. Thank you for your wonderful blessings and wishes Truedessa. I look forward to seeing you in 2023!

      Delete
  9. Thank you so very much for this beautiful reminder. And thank you again for the very lovely contribution you made on my Words for Wednesday meme. I do hope that you will reconsider and allow it to appear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My post had a weird format with gaps in between words. That is why I decided to delete it. I am glad you had a chance to read it.

      Delete
  10. "don't let the songs of darkness sway
    you from the radiant songs of light...."

    Cliff edges will always exist, but we do not always notice.
    this is wonderful, Tru!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is reasonable we should value light which spreads faith. For it will stop wagging tongues and instil hope and enjoyment and love, true heaven on Earth. Merry Christmas Truedessa and have a joyous New Year

    ReplyDelete