Monday, September 21, 2026

Hum Hum Humming

courtesy of Pixabay  - leeandron

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tell me where is the hum of life
is it found hiding in humbleness
is it found in the thumbprints of humans
is it found in the songs of humpbacks
is it found in the heart thumping
tell me where is the humming

writing a dVerse Poets Pub - Quadrille 

hosted by De - writing a 44 word quadrille
incorporating the word "hum"

Thank you for visiting! 

12 comments:

  1. Its in poems like this one, Trudessa! Loved the question format and how you played with the word hum. Nicely done! 💜

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there is a wonderful hum of life in your words - Jae

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVING all those hidden hums, Truedessa! :)

    De

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's there and more... hum is everywhere (no humbug)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great question, Truedessa! I like the possibilities you offered here...life hums everywhere <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. This reminds me of a report I read years ago that scientists had detected a HUM coming from deep in the earth - likely the song of the earth itself. I have always loved that thought.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've really brought the rhythm of the hum to this poem, Truedessa! I love how your examples range from the tiny (thumbprints of humans) to the gigantic (songs of humpbacks), and how deftly covered land and sea, humans and animals, in your questioning quadrille. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cleverly done Trudessa. I like this 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this, Tru! A fun and clever write..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! There is humming everywhere--we should make more time to listen for it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope that we each find 'humming' somewhere in our lives! Your poem was thought provoking.....and well written.

    ReplyDelete