Friday, September 27, 2019

Poetry


courtesy of Pixabay












Poetry is the soul going through
a series of metamorphosis
woolly bear caterpillars
orange/black on a journey
to transformation

Poetry is evolution of the heart
escaping nets of reality fluttering
on fanciful tiger wings searching
for the "true" meaning of love

Poetry is a tadpole swimming
fluidly in the mind gradually
developing limbs and lungs
emerging on land in new
form

Poetry encompasses the spirit
of the dragonfly- keeper of
dreams - words crawling out
of the darkness sprouting
winged verses -  ballads
of new beginnings flying
planes of enlightenment


Thank-you for reading

I am not feeling well
but, my muse kept
calling me..

written for dVerse
hosted by Bjorn
Meet the bar - Metaphorically speaking

18 comments:

  1. The ballad of a new beginning can sure bring forth much, as long as the old's tune doesn't drag it down. Hopefully the germs go away soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha - I think it requires a new melody.

      Delete
  2. Lovely metaphorical poetry. (I hope you're feeling better soon).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully said, my friend........hope you can rest and feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the description of poetry as the evolution of the heart and the keeper of dreams sprouting wings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Frank, What kind of wings would you sprout?

      Delete
  5. You listened to your muse, looked carefully around, and found inspiration in your metaphors. This poem is exactly what it does. Great response to the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I literally looked around and saw a caterpillar and dragon fly outside. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  6. Poetry is you and the words you weave!
    I saw a woolly caterpillar the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well, True. Hope you are better soon.
    Your muse was spot on:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love what poetry can do... and yours did. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this...
    Poetry encompasses the spirit
    of the dragonfly- keeper of
    dreams - words crawling out
    of the darkness sprouting
    winged verses - ballads
    of new beginnings flying
    planes of enlightenment

    Take care... hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poetry is definitely a growth mechanism for me-similar to meditation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent use of metaphor True! Creatively conceived, and very effective! Love the poetry as dragonfly, the dream keeper... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you're feeling better! Such beautiful words! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very sweet

    (Sorry, I'm a bit late in reviewing this challenge)

    ReplyDelete